Memory Matters – Callan, Co Kilkenny
This project is led by the Kilkenny Age Friendly County Programme Service Providers Forum which was established in 2010. The group is a composite of statutory, community and voluntary organisations. This project is focused on making Callan, a small town in Co Kilkenny, a better place to live for people with dementia.
The project will aim to achieve this in a number of ways:
1. Communication - Information Sessions for Callan Community Network and Service Providers in the community.
2. Intergenerational - Transition Year programme for local schools to build awareness and support activities (Dementia and Age Wise Workshops).
3. Social Participation - Inclusive Social and Creative Activities, including Inclusive Arts Festival Activities and Memory Cafe, working with local ASI and Butler Gallery.
4. Advocacy - Development of Dementia Befriending Service with Kilkenny Contact outreach office in Callan.
5. Build Environment - Places and spaces including signage, seating, working with the local Men’s Shed, town planner and Tidy Towns Committee.
Project Contact Details:
Name: Debra O Neill
Position/Role: Project Consultant, LinkAge Consultancy
Telephone: 086 3856565