Mobile Information Service
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland’s Mobile Information Service travels through towns, villages and cities to provide information and support to people with dementia and their families as well as those concerned about their cognitive heath.
The Peggy Mangan Foundation raised funds to enable ASI to purchase and convert this bus. We are very grateful for their support for this service and the great efforts involved in raising the funds needed.
Once on location, be it in a shopping centre car park or participating in a larger organised event in your area, the service can support Branches and local services to:
- raise awareness about local ASI services and about dementia,
- distribute leaflets to people passing-by,
- invite people on-board to view information and resources; and
- facilitate private one-to-one conversation on-board.
Visit our service at the following locations in 2019:
- 4th February – Tallaght University Hospital, Tallaght, Co. Dublin from 10am to 2pm
- 7th February – Nenagh Library, Nenagh Co. Tipperary from 11am to 2pm
- 15th February – Templemore Library, Templemore Co. Tipperary from 11am to 2pm
- 1st March – Clones Library, Co Monaghan from 11am to 2pm
- 11th March – Skerries Library, Co Dublin from 11am to 2pm
- 14th March – Gort Mart, Co Galway from 6pm to 9pm
- 16th March – As part of the Blazers Charity Event we will be at Craughwell (outside Cawleys Pub) Co Galway from 9am to 4pm
- 19th March – Athenry Mart, Co Galway from 9am to 4pm
- 28th March – Borrisokane Library Co. Tipperary from 11am to 2pm
- 29th March – Capital Credit Union, Leopardstown Co. Dublin from 1pm to 2pm
- 12th April – Kilkenny Library Co. Kilkenny from 11am to 2pm
- 17th May – Lanesboro Library, Co. Longford from 11am to 2pm
- 5th June – Active Retirement Show, Punchestown, Naas, Co. Kildare from 10.30am to 5pm
- 21st July – Oldcastle Agricultural Show Co Meath from 10am to 6pm
For more information or to enquire about booking this service please contact: