Monaghan Alzheimer Cafe
Iontas Arts & Community Resource Centre Castleblaney, Co MonaghanOpen on Google Maps
Last Friday of the month 11am to 1pm
The Monaghan Alzheimer Cafe is on summer break. We will reopen on Friday 27th September with Guest speaker Diane McMahon PHN. We wish everyone a lovely summer and look forward to seeing you all back in the autumn
Alzheimer Cafes provide a warm and welcoming space for people with dementia, their family and friends and social and health care professionals to meet, exchange ideas and learnings.
The Cafe is based on an international model and usually opens monthly in the early evening. Some cafes open during the day, and all provide light refreshments and a mix of education and support.
The cafes provide an informal way to meet others living with dementia and to meet health and social care professionals. Usually an expert speaker is invited each month to talk to the Cafe about a topic of interest, however the cafe is also a space to chat and enjoy a social occasion in a supportive environment.
Upcoming speakers are:
- April 26th: Edel Russell, Senior Dietician
- May 31st: Mairead O’Connell, Senior Occupational Therapist
- June 28th: TBA
- We will take holidays in July and August and come back in September
- Sept 27th: Diane McMahon, Public Health Nurse
- Oct 25th: Shauna Gaffney, Psychologist talking about Stress Management
- Nov 29th: TBC
- Dec: TBC