Online Family Carer Supports
We have recently launched a new Online Support Group for Family Carers of People with Dementia to help alleviate the increasing pressure points on family carers during Covid-19.
This online support group will be a dedicated space for family carers to find information and resources of interest to them. This will be like our usual face-to-face support groups – but now everything will be online.
This is a space for family carers to:
- Talk and share openly with each other, to support each other;
- Ask questions and talk about topics of interest to you;
- Access Discussion Forums and a weekly live video meeting;
- Get support and guidance from our Dementia Advisers and our expert tutors
In addition, each Online Support Group will be a manageable size so people can support each other and carers can log on whenever they want meaning that this support is available 24/7. A Support Group will last for 20 weeks and we aim to establish a Group of 30 carers x 10 groups – 300 people.
People with dementia and their family carers who want to avail of this new service please contact:
- Fill out this Electronic Application Form
- Email email@example.com
- Contact the Alzheimer National Helpline which is open six days a week Monday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 10am–4pm on 1800 341 341. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Live Chat at www.alzheimer.ie