Other Support and Services

Many of these services will be currently postponed or offering an alternative option due to Covid 19. Contact the  relevant service to enquire. There are a range of other services, in addition to those provided by The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, which can provide support and assistance to you and your family.

Other Support and Services

Print List

Social Activities

South Meath Social Economy Ltd. (SMSE)

South Meath Social Economy Ltd, Unit 4, Scurlockstown Business Park, Trim, Co. Meath


South Meath Social Economy (SMSE) provides a household maintenance/repair/cleaning and gardening service to the over 60s and people with disabilities in Co Meath

Meath Men’s Shed

Co. Meath
Contact: Irish Mens Sheds Association
Phone: 01 8916150


Mens Sheds are in different locations throughout Meath. Contact Irish Men's Sheds Association by phone or look for a list on the website.



The Seniors Alert Scheme provides grant support for the supply of equipment to enable older people without sufficient means to continue to live securely in their homes. The scheme, which is run by Pobal, replaced the Scheme of Community Support for Older People in May 2010. The grant assistance is made available through community and voluntary groups registered with Pobal.

Memory Technology

Meath Memory Technology Resource Room

MTRR, An Re Orda, Kennedy Road, Navan Co. Meath C15 NF83
Contact: Liz Hughes
Phone: 086 7749350
By appointment Wednesday & Thursday


The Memory Technology Resource Room has assistive technology products on display. People with memory difficulties and their carers will have an opportunity to see a range products and how they work. You can also access expert advice about assistive technology.

Memory Clinic

Cognitive Assessment Service, Meath

An Ré Órga,  Kennedy Road, Navan, Co. Meath
Contact: Dr Aisling Denihan
Phone: 046 905 9002
Every Wednesday


The Memory Clinic is a specialised service for people with memory loss, changes in cognitive function and dementia. Diagnosis and treatments are provided for those concerned about changes in their memory and memory disorders, including dementia. Referral-based service which is available for people under 65.

Public Health Nurse

Local Health Services

Contact: HSE Information Line
Phone: 1850 24 1850


Click the link above to find what local health services are in your area

Clinical Care


The clinical care team are part of a multidisciplinary team that provides specialist mental health services to older people. They work in partnership with GP's, hospitals and other local health care and social services. Majority of clinical care services will require a referral from a GP. To find a clinical care service in your area you can visit the Understand Together website click the link above. Select your location to filer the services

Need help?
Call the National Helpline
Back To Top