The Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI) is dedicated to supporting research that improves care practice, influences social policy, and enhances quality of life of people living with dementia and those who care for them.
The ASI has developed key partnerships and relationships with academic institutions in Ireland and elsewhere to build our network of support and influence.
Our key activities are
- Internal Research & Evaluation
- Funding or co-funding research projects
- Sharing advice and expertise
- Assisting with research implementation
- Providing key research infrastructure through TeamUp For Dementia Research (research recruitment platform)
- Facilitating Person Public Involvement (PPI) support through the Dementia Research Advisory Team
- Identifying Research Priorities across Ireland and advocating for research investment
- Disseminating research to public audiences
Following COVID-19, a new Research Strategy will be developed later this year.