Volunteer with us
Why Volunteer with The ASI?
Volunteering is central to the ethos and functioning of The Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI). Volunteers have been the lifeblood and backbone of our organization since it was founded in 1982. Our expansion and development would not have been possible without the continuing commitment and involvement of our volunteers.
Volunteers enable us to:
- Enhance the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers
- Extend the reach of our services so that we have the capacity to reach greater numbers in local communities
- Bring local knowledge, connections, expertise, enthusiasm and skills to our organization
- Raise local awareness among key decision-makers and communities about the impact of living with dementia
- Raise vital funds to develop our services in local communities
We aim to ensure that volunteering with the ASI is a two-way relationship, from which both the volunteer and the ASI will jointly benefit. Our vision is an Ireland where no one goes through dementia alone, where policies and services respond appropriately to the person with dementia, and their carers, at the times they need support. By volunteering with the ASI you can play a key part in this and help us deliver on our vision for the future of dementia support in Ireland.
There are currently volunteers involved in the ASI across an increasingly broad range of activities and roles. Volunteers are involved in many different aspects of the organisation and are integral to the ongoing delivery of services in the ASI as follows:
- Members of branch committees
- Therapeutic facilitators
- Members of fundraising committees / fundraisers
- Assistance in the delivery of our services particularly day care, support groups etc.
- Members of advocacy and campaigning groups
- Organising and running social clubs and Alzheimer cafes.
- Providing musical or artistic entertainment in our day centres
- National Helpline
The list is not exhaustive and volunteer activities are often based on the expressed needs of clients.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at ASI please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details in the body of the email – your name, address, contact number and area/s you wish to volunteer in.