Mobile Information Service
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland’s Mobile Information Service travels through towns, villages and cities to provide information and support to people with dementia and their families as well as those concerned about their cognitive health.
The Peggy Mangan Foundation raised funds to enable ASI to purchase and convert this bus. We are very grateful for their support for this service and the great efforts involved in raising the funds needed.
Once on location, be it in a shopping centre car park or participating in a larger organised event in your area, the service can support Branches and local services to:
- raise awareness about local ASI services and about dementia,
- distribute leaflets to people passing-by,
- invite people on-board to view information and resources; and
- facilitate private one-to-one conversation on-board.
Visit our service at the following locations in 2020:
- 12th February – Raheny Library, Raheny, Dublin 5 from 11am to 2pm
- 10th March – Tralee Library, Moyderwell, Cloon Beg, Tralee, Co Kerry from 11am to 2pm
- 11th March – Dunmanway Library, Market Square, Dunmanway North, Dunmanway, Co. Cork from 11am to 2pm
- 12th March – Carrigaline Library, Carrigaline Middle, Carrigaline, Co. Cork from 11am to 2pm
- 12th March – Carrigaline Family Support Centre, Church Rd, Carrigaline, Co. Cork from 2 – 4pm
- 13th March – Buttevant Mobile Library (northern end of the town in Buttevant, beside the GAA grounds) from 2-3.15pm
- 24th March – Walkinstown Library, Percy French Rd, Walkinstown, Dublin from 11am to 2pm
For more information or to enquire about booking this service please contact: