Information for Professionals
What is TeamUp For Dementia Research?
TeamUp For Dementia Research is a new service where people living with dementia and their families can register their interest in participating in dementia research.
Participant recruitment is a significant challenge in dementia research. This service aims to bridge the gap between people living with dementia, their families, and opportunities to take part in research studies.
TeamUp For Dementia Research is managed by The Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI) in collaboration with Dementia Research Network Ireland (DRNI).
How does TeamUp For Dementia Research Work?
- People living with dementia and family caregivers register their interest in participating in research projects.
- The ASI securely store their details on a database including demographics, diagnosis information, and research preferences.
- When a suitable project arises, The ASI searches the database using specific study parameters and find people that are likely to be eligible to participate.
- The ASI lets eligible people know about the research opportunity and links them with the research team.
- The person then decides if they would like to take part in the study.
Register to use TeamUp For Dementia Research
What are the advantages for me as a Research Professional?
You will be able to reach people living with dementia and family carers in a more timely and streamlined manner. As a result of TeamUp For Dementia Research, we expect that you will have a larger and more diverse participant pool. Reference to use of the TeamUp for Dementia Research service in funding applications will likely be seen as strength by reviewers.
Will I need to follow any guidelines?
Yes, you will need to accept and sign the TeamUp For Dementia Research Terms and Conditions.
Can you advertise my study?
Depending on timing and resources we may be able to highlight your study in our newsletter or on our TeamUp For Dementia Research blog.
How should I credit TeamUp For Dementia Research in my research?
Researchers recruiting participants via TeamUp for Dementia Research are asked to credit the service for the support provided. TeamUp For Dementia Research is a service provided by The Alzheimer Society of Ireland in collaboration with Dementia Research Network Ireland – www.teamupfordementia.ie
Downloads will be available later this year.